Reading this most recent issue, all the conflict came to a head. Dwight saw problems in the community and took action, as was his character - a rebel without a cause who stirs the pot.
But I truly and honestly don't see what Mercer and Rick are talking about when they call The Commonwealth's system old and oppressive. Sure, I guess they didn't have elections, but outside Sebastian being a prick and an issue of police brutality, it didn't seem like there was ANY issue deriving from the way things were run. Pamela Milton set up a trade-based economic zone that promoted growth and community, and it appeared that even the people at the lowest rungs of the ladder were comfortable and safe.
To be honest, I didn't quite see Mercer being mistreated either. He was used for dangerous missions, but he is the captain of their military. I guess he felt he was being misused, but that seems like it calls for a talk with Pam rather than a coup.
So while I've enjoyed this arc, I liked that Rick was siding with the Commonwealth and don't buy that he would genuinely support Mercer's coup. And I also don't buy that people would be angry enough at the Miltons to risk their lives in ousting her.
Anyone else feel this way or see something that I don't? It seems like the only problem was that the governor was undemocratically chosen, but otherwise everything is fine.
Submitted May 02, 2019 at 04:13AM by Impsterr http://bit.ly/2XYUYpR
No comments:
Post a Comment