I've lived in Atlanta for almost twenty years. Moved here when I was a kid. This city has become a part of me. So much so that when I watched the show for the first time (and when I watch the show again), seeing all the episodes set in Atlanta and just how far the city has fallen...I'm not gonna lie, it makes me just a little bit uncomfortable. And not just because I live here; it's more personal than that:
See that building in the upper left? The one with the steps? My dad used to work there.
That's Woodruff Park. I walked through there every day on my way to college.
When I first saw this, I literally thought to myself: \"They're bombing us.\"
I don't know why I feel so sentimental about this. Maybe it's because I've spent so much time growing up in this city. Or the fact that in apocalyptic movies and TV shows you always see the big cities like New York and LA get destroyed. But Atlanta? Maybe it really is just how personal it feels, how many memories from my life were destroyed by this fictional zombie apocalypse.
To be honest, I think that's part of the reason why I fell in love with the Walking Dead, because of how scary the thought of something like this happening to my city was, to my home. I don't know if anyone else feels like that, maybe I'm the only one. I dunno.
Submitted May 01, 2019 at 09:54PM by BrexMK94 http://bit.ly/2XXoWuv
No comments:
Post a Comment