Friday, June 28, 2019

Days Gone - My tribute to The Walking Dead

(Not really a spoiler) Some of you may say this belongs in a poetry thread, but i figured all you guys would be able to appreciate this, if you're fans of TWD. I hope it is appropriate to post here and you all enjoy it. I incorporated the story arc titles into many of the lines. Excluding All Out War.

Days Gone Bye and I simply go through the motions

I’m out of control, not even the captain of my ocean

​

My thoughts constantly dwell on the Miles Behind Us

My mind struggles but there’s no one that I trust

​

Some look for Safety Behind Bars

Others shed pain writing their memoirs

​

I chose the latter when I let love burn me like a fire

But then again who could stop The Heart’s Desire

​

The pain I feel has become so immense

Surely pretending it doesn’t exist is The Best Defense

​

This Sorrowful Life makes me yearn for more

Although I’m sure this is just The Calm Before

​

They all say that I need to be tougher

But it feels like I have been Made To Suffer

​

I hope one day I see the world without such disdain

Yet Here We Remain

​

I sit and think about What We Become

I can see how slowly we’ve come undone

​

Fear The Hunters, they try and conform you to their ways

I just wish and pray for better days

​

As I’ve grown everyone else has become quite salacious

Life Among Them has made me quite tenacious

​

I spend my time wishing and wishing well

Hoping that one day We Find Ourselves

​

Hoping that one day we can let go of all that occurred

Hoping that one day we can join A Larger World

​

But I will always believe that there is Something To Fear

No matter What Comes After, year after year

​

One day I could meet this March To War

Maybe then I wouldn’t feel this pain anymore

​

I like to think someday I might have a shot at winning

All I want is A New Beginning

​

It’s hard to tell if these are just delusions and daydreams

All I know is they turn the Whispers Into Screams

​

Maybe I just need to take a breath

It feels like this is Life And Death

​

This enemy that I can’t attack

I know there’s No Turning Back

​

It may feel as though I’ve done myself too much harm

But I swear I’ll answer my Call To Arms

​

And I don’t just sit here and assume

I know there’s more to my future than A Certain Doom

​

Despite all that I have slowly lost

When I look back I can’t regret all the Lines We Cross

​

I can’t help but hold onto all my pain like some lowly hoarder

It seems there is little hope in the rise of this New World Order

​

Although I’ll try to remain hopeful for the things in store

And remember there is more to this life than The Rotten Core

​

Hopefully one day the craziness of our world will finally cease

Then maybe we can all finally Rest In Peace

​

Everyone has monsters talking inside their head

Can’t you see, we are The Walking Dead



Submitted June 28, 2019 at 02:58AM by Mandalorian481 https://ift.tt/2FDmAKx

No comments:

Post a Comment