The way I see it is simple. The walking dead in a way has two different themes. The first being post apocalypse, and the second being a sort of (due to my lack of a word for it) “post post-apocalypse.” Post apocalypse lasted until I believe the beginning of season 7. Though an argument could easily be made for the beginning of season 6. Before that it was mostly just a zombie show with the characters trying to survive. With only a couple touches of society attempting to rebuild. And I love that. That’s why a lot of people including myself got into TWD in the first place. A zombie show with a classic feeling to it. After that, we get into the post post-apocalypse which is mostly communities forming, governments emerging, wars, and such. With zombies being the background threat a lot of the time. While I obviously love zombies and the first half I mentioned, I also love the shows and movies that feature governments reforming and the things I just mentioned. This makes the walking dead a double edged sword. It can attract people who like both of those kinds of movies and shows. I get just as much enjoyment out of seasons 8 or 9 as I did when I watched seasons 1 or 2. No show is perfect. The walking dead is no exception. But I say the walking dead is one of the best shows ever created because of those reasons.
Any comments or counter arguments are greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post.
Submitted July 04, 2019 at 10:17PM by ShutUpPeyton https://ift.tt/30dKGn2
No comments:
Post a Comment