O'neil accidentally knocks out Teal'C during a sparring match
O: I am really REALLY sorry about that
T glares at him: You are not.
O hesitates: He's right about that.
That is just one light hearted moment, the kind that happens all the time on this show. Once you get to know the characters, its all MUCH funnier.
I mean the legendary "In the middle of my back swing?" episode is both very serious and very hilarious.
O'Neil's constant dry sarcastic remarks keep the show from taking itself too seriously on a regular basis. But then there are times when it just goes full fledged wacky, and I love those times. The ep with the conspiracy theorists who just happened to get things a little too right was another hilarious ep.
I mean this show gets fucking dark too. The EP where O'neil is tortured is...something else. I needed PTSD counseling after that ep. But the refusal to take itself seriously all the time makes it something special IMHO
Submitted April 19, 2021 at 07:38PM by Bluest_waters https://ift.tt/3evBRhh
No comments:
Post a Comment