Saturday, May 15, 2021

[SPOILERS] a rewatch recast...

Currently starting my rewatch after having just listened to all the books on tape (on a side note, Roy Dotrice is just amazing on the audio books), and I find myself having a hard time with one specific character not coming close to their book description:

Renly, in the book, is described to be this tall, muscular, clean shaved man, with long curly hair. He’s supposed to resemble a young Robert. Not only that, but he’s supposed to be a gregarious, charismatic man, that can’t help but to be loved by his people. What we got instead was a slim, bearded man, with short hair, who more often than not seemed like a whiny, scared man.

I don’t have an answer as to who I would have recast, but the actor who played Renly just wasn’t right for the role.

I’m sure I’ll run into more as I progress past season 1, but man, this is the one that stands out to me like a sore thumb.



Submitted May 15, 2021 at 07:22AM by hawkayecarumba https://ift.tt/33KHu63

No comments:

Post a Comment