I don’t love them. But they’re not terrible.
Are they the best villains in the show? Of course not. Would I like to see more of The Commonwealth abs Alexandria? Yes. Are they just an awful, terrible mistake by Angela Kang and everyone else? Absolutely not.
I think the acting from all of them has been great, having a small group of antagonists where everyone in it has a name is something we haven’t really seen since Terminus aftermath, and the idea of a bunch of close-knit mercs/soldiers forming this absolute kill squad of survivors is a pretty cool concept.
Do I think they could have done more with it? Yes, I do. But if the low bar of this season is that we’re not seeing as much of two great storylines we’d like in exchange for an above average storyline with lots of character development between Negan and Maggie, and one of the best horror-based episodes in a while, then that just shows how fortunate we are thus far with Season 11.
And yes, I’ve seen Episode 8. Could they have done more with Pope? Made his last moments more badass? Yes, of course. But again, I still enjoyed him and his group while they were around. And I still think this season has been an overall joy.
Submitted October 04, 2021 at 07:40AM by WorldLieut8 https://ift.tt/3ivmND2
No comments:
Post a Comment