Friday, July 5, 2019

My theory on how the show will realistically end (COMIC SPOILERS)

The comic just gave TWD the easiest and IMO best way to end the show. My theory is based off the ending of the comics. So if you haven’t read them, stop reading.

I’ll get to my theory, but minor rant.

So the comics just ended. And as much as everyone on this sub is pumped for season 10 and Rick movies, I think I’m being realistic in expecting them to underwhelm. I expect season 10 to tank in ratings without Rick. Most fans are gone and not coming back. That’s the simple truth. The Rick movies won’t be nearly as big or make as much money as they hope. I expect season 11 to be the last season(or at least I hope. I want this show to go out on a high note and I think it’s best to do it then).

Season 10 will be the whisperer war and build up to the commonwealth. Season 10 will tank and season 11 will be coming out right after the end of Ricks first and only movie. That’s right, I don’t expect the ratings to give enough money to warrant 2 more.

Season 11 will follow the groups journey to meet with commonwealth and build to a climax.

So, theory time. Episode 15 builds to what everyone expects to be a huge war. Give it everything you got. Eugene bringing a horde bigger than even the whisperers had back to the commonwealth. Daryl taking ricks death in the comics. All out war between our group and the commonwealth is all but inevitable. Add in Maggie and company heading to the commonwealth with a war party, but likely will be cut off by Eugene’s horde. This is all shown in the closing moments of episode 15.

Episode 16, the series finale, the lone walker roaming a small cornfield. You see it for a bit, then hear slow footsteps come up, followed by a gunshot. Cut to the boots of Rick mother fucking Grimes. Camera slowly moving up, the audience hasn’t seen him on the show since he left in season 9. The movie didn’t bring him back. Now you see the classic revolver. It’s 100% Rick, then when it shows his face we realize it’s been 30 years. He’s a 65 year old man. The story basically follows the comic finale. He’s put on trial for killing a walker because it was destruction of property. Same deal. Same story. Hershel’s walker.

Rick wins the trial same as Carl did. Give fan service to all the characters who came along. Show older versions of carol and Ezekiel. Whatever.

Ending of the show is Rick reading a story about “the trials” to his grandson named Carl. Rj had a son. The grimes family is gathered around. Rick, Judith, her family, Rj, his family. Rick holding his youngest grandson. Telling the story of how they fought together and created the revolution necessary to rebuild the world. In this story he reveals to the audience that it was the train system started by Eugene that connected the original group to the western part of the country. It was then that gave Rick the ability to go back home and reunite with his family. The ending to Eugene’s story is a bold vision to start the construction on a navy fleet to sail to the other parts of the world. To liberate the planet of the threat that thought to destroy it.

In the comics, it was all about Carl. Bringing his story to a happy ending. The show was never that way. It was never Carl’s story. It was always Rick. I don’t even think that’s debatable. So show Rick getting a happy ending is the way the series ends.

He closes the storybook and tells a story about his first born son, Carl. Rather than Carl reflecting on the hero everyone knew and immortalized, the way Carl did with Rick in the comics, Rick will instead shift to a story that the history books won’t ever talk about. A story about Carl.

That’s it. The end.

I’ve seen a lot of people pissed off that we can’t get the comic ending with Carl. My argument is that would be a terrible ending. The fans never cared about Carl the way they did Rick in the show. The comic took the time to build Carl into the son of Rick Grimes. Carl was a natural leader same as his father. Show Carl tripped over his own shoelaces and was someone that always needed saving. No, we need Rick to get his ending. I think a massive time jump to be the finale would be the best way to end it.

That’s my theory. Love it hate it. I hope the die hards get a satisfactory conclusion to the show. I’ll watch it when it’s over. But the comic ending, Rick being off the show, I think my days following the show are over until it’s officially done. Then I’ll catch up.

Edit: The show should actually do a massive misdirect the same the comic did with fake covers. Create a trailer for what’s going to be a 2 hour movie. The biggest war ever. It wouldn’t take a whole lot of money to make a trailer with a horde and walkers and gunfights. Go all out. And for fucks sake, do some work to keep people quiet to avoid point to point spoilers. Make people think Rick is actually gone. People go in expecting a 2 hour war and instead get a slow, standard 45 minute episode post time jump to see their main squeeze Rick again. That’s how you end a show that’s underwhelmed ratings that last few years. If the spoiling dead guys were willing to stay quiet for Carl, I’m sure they’d help guide the misdirect for the series fucking finale. Convince them to go along and give out fake spoilers. Then BAM. End on a high note



Submitted July 06, 2019 at 12:29AM by LanceBarney https://ift.tt/2LN3Egr

No comments:

Post a Comment