One of the greatest British comedies. The original cast could not of been more perfectly picked. Sadly Arthur Brough (Mr Granger) died after five seasons and they had to replace him. Took them three tries, but they managed to find someone, although I would dare say he could hardly fill his shoes, but it was alright. Then when Trevor Bannister (Mr Lucas) left after the seventh season for other ventures, the person that replaced him was about the same- young, snarky attitude, but worse.
Are You Being Served may still come on PBS in your area on Sunday nights. If not, you can catch several episodes on YouTube. Unfortunately half or more have been taken down, including the pilot episode which is a shame. Probably around the same time BritBox came out.
Regardless there are several as I said on YouTube still. This is one of my favorite episodes along with- Strong Stuff This Insurance and A Change is as Good as a Rest. But there are no episodes of the entire original cast I do not enjoy, and most others before Mr Lucas leaves are fun as well. After that... What is left of the original cast gets on.
If you have not seen any, I do suggest a look. If you are already a fan, what are your favorite episodes? There have been a few spin offs and different versions in other countries. And some of the actors worked together later on in other projects.
Submitted May 16, 2021 at 03:51PM by DS9B5SG-1 https://ift.tt/3eThYSF
No comments:
Post a Comment